For those who are wondering what needs to be done for MBA financial aid, here are some ideas:
1) Financial aid for US universities comes in many forms - loans , grants, fellowships, scholarships, corporate sponsorships and awards.
2) Some schools might offer you some $$$ when they admit you, but some other have an additional process, which you can find from the school itself.
3) Top tier financial firms (Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs) have fellow programs, which one can apply for, through your bschool
4) Some top tier consulting firms such as McKinsey, Booz Allen Hamilton also have scholarship programs
5) Popular resources on the internet are:
- Forte Scholarships for Women
- Mittal Steel Co. Scholarships for Kellogg students-especially of Indian origin
- Rotary Scholarships from your country
Start with your school's FinAid office to see what help you can get. There are quite a few scholarships/grants for minority students and those from developing nations.